Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Northern Light

Mattie has been discovering new things about the death of Grace Brown. She has now read all the letters. She found out they were love letters sent to Grace. Mattie is learning a lot from this experience. She is trying to help find the murderer of Grace and her lover the night they went on a boat on the lake near the hotel. She has learned to live life for herself and not in the shadow of anyone else. She is determined to find herself and make something out of herself. She realizes that its time for her to live her life and not in her mothers shadow like her father wants her to do.

I thought this book has been still really slow, but it picks up in the middle when the whole point of the novel starts occuring. I think it's really intresting how this is a true story about the murder is fixed into the novel. I also think it gives readers a good outlook of how to take charge and live your own life according how you want to. I also think it has a good meaning and most readers would learn a lot from reading it.


"I keep reading, but there's nothing in the letter about Carl Grahm. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I put Grace's letter down and shuffle through the bundle until I find what I'm after- a few letters written by Chester. I open the first one"

This quote is significant because this is when Mattie starts reading through Grace Brown's letters that she asked Mattie to burn.

No comments: